Day-long gathering at Ocean Song Farm & Wilderness Center
with Rabbis Daria & Josh Jacobs-Velde, Yael Raff Peskin and
naturalist Elaine Daly who will lead a foraging hike in the wild
Adults $54, Children $36, Family (3+ people) $120
Everyone welcome - some work/trade available
PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE AT EVENTBRITE
or mail payment to ZMANIM, PO Box 2774, Sebastopol, CA 95473
RHYTHM OF THE DAY
10:00 - 10:15 am Check in
10:15 - 10:30 Gathering Circle / Blessing the Day (Birchot HaShachar)
10:30 - 11:00 Introductions / Reflections on Shmita
11:15 - 12:15 pm Foraging Hike in the Wild
12:30 - 1:15 Lunch - Bring your own lunch in a backpack
1:30 - 2:30 Ephemeral Nature Craft on the land
2:40 - 3:00 Closing Circle - After the Closing Circle, participants are welcome to stay at Ocean Song for the rest of the afternoon.
WHAT TO BRING
- Lunch and snacks in a backpack
- Walking shoes/boots and warm clothes - It can be very cold at Ocean Song at this time of year, bring layers and bundle up!
- Camping chair or picnic blanket
- Water bottle, and thermos for tea (optional)
- Appropriate rain gear - We will have access to the barn for basic shelter, but be prepared to be outside regardless of weather!
NOTE: Due to environmental concerns, dogs are NOT allowed at Ocean Song.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (after Shabbat) Yael at 707.829.8341 or Rabbi Josh at 508.494.1631