Celebrate Passover & the Omer Counting
Who? Anyone who would like to connect in Jewish community for these Passover themes and activities. No prior background or knowledge required; participants come with a range of backgrounds.
What? Lots of wonderful, Passover and nature connecting activities! (Read below to see the rhythm of our day, but here are the highlights).
- Have you heard of the "Omer counting" that takes us from Passover to Shavuot? Come & learn, and make your very own Omer counter to help you make each day "count."
- Our ancient ancestors didn't eat matza that came from a box, and today we won't either! Join us for matza baking in the wonderful outdoors.
- A visit to Ocean Song would not be complete without some time slowing down and connecting to the beautiful, awe-inspiring wonders there. This month we will have the opportunity to connect the outdoors with our wonderful ancient love song and story: The Song of Songs/The Song of Solomon/Shir haShirim!
Cost? We would like to make this program as accessible as possible to all, so there is no set charge for it. However, as there certainly are many costs to produce it, donations are most welcome and appreciated.
Registration? To register online, please click here. (Donations can be made by mail or on site, but please register in advance via email).
Location? Our regular location for Sundays: Ocean Song Farm and Wilderness Center in Occidental, CA. For directions to Ocean Song, click here. (NOTE: Google Maps does not provide complete directions.)
For directions to Ocean Song, click here.
(NOTE: Google Maps does not provide complete directions.)
To register online, please click here.
(Payment can be made by mail or on site, but please register in advance via email)
RHYTHM OF THE DAY
9:45 - 10:00 am Check In
10:00 - 10:30 am Crafting Omer Counting Prayer Sticks
10:30 - 11:00 am Reflections on Pesach and the Counting of the Omer
11:15 - 12:45 pm Matzah Making on open fire & Nature Connection Activities
(Separate options offered for adults and children. Adults can also participate in children’s activities.)
12:45 - 1:00 pm Closing Circle around the Omer Counting Poles
After the Closing Circle, participants are welcome to stay at Ocean Song for the rest of the afternoon.
WHAT TO BRING
- Apron for baking
- Any food you may want for snacks and/or lunch following the program. In honor of Passover, please refrain from bringing bread or crackers.
- OPTIONAL: Haroset to have with the matza we will be making!
- Water bottle
- Camping chair or picnic blanket
- Good walking shoes and dress in layers - it can be quite chilly and, also, very warm!
NOTE: Due to environmental concerns, dogs are NOT allowed at Ocean Song.
For more information, email us: email@example.com
or call Rabbi Josh: 508.494.1631