Start the New Year in Community!
We'll be gathering from 4-7:30 p.m. starting with a fun Rosh HaShanah activity for all ages, followed by candle lighting and blessings, a little taste of the musical motifs of Rosh HaShanah, and a celebratory meal together. Check the "to bring" list for details, and we look forward to celebrating with you!
Please RSVP by Sept 26 to email@example.com with the number of adults and the number of children that will be attending, and the children's ages.
If you are able to do so, please make a tax-deductible donation here towards the expense of creating this experience. The Zmanim Board's suggested donation for the Rosh HaShanah Zmanim experience is $108 for a family and $54 for an individual, but please consider what works for your situation and give more if possible, or less if necessary. No one turned away for lack of funds. You can mark "RH" under "Special Purpose" on the easy, online donation form). Thank you for helping to make nature-connected, spiritual Jewish community in the outdoors possible.
4-4:20 Opening Games/ Activities
4:20-5:30 Multigenerational Activity connecting to Rosh HaShanah
5:30- 6 Musical Rosh HaShanah and blessings (candles, special foods, etc)
6-7:30 Potluck Meal!
- a veggie/dairy/kosher fish potluck dish to share (local, organic offerings are especially appreciated.). So we can all coordinate and have the most balanced meal, please use this form to let all know what you are contributing to the potluck.
- comfortable clothes for possibly sitting on a picnic blanket (we have some chairs)
- any symbolic foods (pomegranates, apples, honey, etc.) Read more on symbolic foods here, and come prepared with your own foods, based on puns related to the blessings we hope to bring into this new year!
- a favorite picnic blanket of your own (optional)/
- tzedakah money (some cash/coins for us to collect as a community and later give to charity)
*Please arrive on time as we'll be starting off with a special activity together.*